Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Fraud 1

Talking with a group of friends today. Listening to those new fraud techniques really makes the hairs at the back of your neck stand upright. People will really do anything............sigh........

So, I decided to post these frauds on here to warn others of the risks involved. Hopefully, less people will fall into the victim category.

CASE 1
======
Today, I passed by a building which has an ATM machine. There was an old man looking at me and suddenly called me. He said he doesn't know how to read, so he gave me an ATM card and asked me to help him take money from the ATM machine.
I answered him 'NO!! If you need help, ask the security to help you.' Then he said 'nevermind..' and just continue to find other people to help him...

REMEMBER : ATM machines have CCTV. If you help him, and later he says you have robbed him or stole his ATM card, or even his ATM card wasn't his too. So please be careful for these frauds.


CASE 2
======
When the house electricity suddenly goes off, seeing from the windows that my neighbours still have lights, went out my house to check the Meter Box. But once i open the door, a knife was pointing at the door to stop me from closing it. And they robbed and injured us.

REMEMBER : Eventhough your electricity suddely goes off, DO NOT open ur door immediately. Look around to see if there is anything unusual or sounds.

No comments: