Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year 2008

“Happy New Year!!” A greeting said and heard from every soul on the last day of December and during the first couple of weeks of January. Traditionally, on the night of New Year’s Eve, all my friends began reviewing what they had done for the whole year and commence on making New Year’s resolutions. Some of their resolutions include the promise to lose weight, quit smoking, earn more money or make more babies. Ha ha ha…..

Generally, the celebration of New Year is believed to be the oldest of all holidays. It was first observed in ancient Babylon about 4000 years ago. In the years around 2000 BC, the Babylonian New Year began with the first New Moon (actually the first visible crescent) after the Vernal Equinox (first day of spring).

Watching all my friends mumbling beside me, I just smile………Questions forming into thick clouds on my mind…….How different can Year 2008 be? Will it be better? What other “adventure” are they up ahead? ^_^

To me, It is just another year …………

No comments: